Chicken, Snow Peas and Cashew Stir-Fry
3 tbsp (50 mL ) soy_sauce
4 tsp (20 mL ) cornstarch
1 tbsp (15 mL ) granulated_sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL ) sherry or chicken stock
1 tsp (5 mL ) sesame_oil
Dash hot_pepper sauce
1 lb (500 g ) boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
1 cup (250 mL ) snow_peas (4 oz/125 g)
1 sweet red pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL ) vegetable_oil
1/3 cup (75 mL ) roasted cashews
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 piece (2 inches/5 cm) gingerroot, sliced
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, sherry, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Remove strings from snow peas; cut diagonally in half. Seed, core and cut red pepper into bite-size chunks. Set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat; stir-fry chicken, in batches, until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add snow peas, red pepper, cashews, garlic and ginger to wok; cover and steam until red pepper is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan; toss to combine. Stir in soy sauce mixture; simmer until glossy, about 1 minute.