Kashmiri Chicken (Kashmiri Murgh)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breast, diced
- 75g onions, sliced
- 300g chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Masala Curry Paste
- 25g cashew nuts
- 25g raisins
- 100ml single cream
- 75ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions for 2 minutes. Add the Kashmiri Masala Curry Paste. Sprinkle in some water if the paste begins to stick, and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add the diced chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts, raisins, chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add a little water during cooking if the sauce looks a little dry.
- Add the cream and check the sesoning. Add salt and sugar if required and heat gently for further 2 minutes.
- Serve with piping hot rice, and garnished with fresh coriander.