Black Glutinous Rice
Unit/Weight : 1Kg
Brand : Aroy-D
Country : Thailand
Glutinous rice (Oryza sativa var. glutinosa or Oryza glutinosa, also called sticky rice, sweet rice, waxy rice, botan rice, biroin chal, mochi rice, and pearl rice, and pulut) is a type of Asian rice that is especially sticky when cooked. It is called glutinous in the sense of being glue-like or sticky and not in the sense of containing gluten. While called "sticky", it is not to be confused with the other varieties of Asian rice, which become sticky to one degree or another when cooked.
How to prepare Black Glutinous Rice:
- Rinse rice 2-3 times, until water runs clear. Place rinsed rice in a bowl and fill with cool water so the water is approximately 2-3 inches above the rice.Let the rice stand in water for 6-8 hours.
- Drain the rice, place it in a cheesecloth, wrap it up and put the cheesecloth inside bamboo steaming basket. Put 6-8 cups of water in sticky rice steamer.
- Then place bamboo steaming basket inside sticky rice steamer.
- Be sure the bottom of the basket does not touch the boiling water.
- Place a standard 8 inch lid loosely over the top of the basket.
- Turn on the heat, medium/high,
- steam the rice for 45 minutes (or until tender).