Thai Yellow Curry – Vegan
1/3 cup peanut oil
4 tablespoons yellow curry paste, for medium-hot dish
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
2 cups carrots, cut in thick slices
1 cup mushroom, sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
4 cups white rice, steamed
- In a deep frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ginger, onion, and peppers; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.